Nothing comes easy even modelling, and it is not all about beauty, style or the swaggs, its about self determination, hardwork and a lots more. Lifestyleof9ja sat down with a young model teminikanijesu idowu to talk about life as a model, the challenges, the blessings etc.
Lifestyleof9ja: So can you tell us about yourself
Teminikan: Am teminikanijesu idowu Last of five children born of the same mother and father I was born and bred in ibadan, Oyo state. I attended primary and secondary schools in Ibadan And presently am an undergraduate student of the University of Ibadan studying Crop protection and Environmental biology
Lifestyleof9ja: Then why modelling
Teminikan: It has been a tender dream while growing up I became more determined about this passion in secondary school when I would see pictures of celebrities and models in magazines looking too good and I want to be just like them
Lifestyleof9ja: What are the measures taken to achieve this dream
Teminikan: Oh well At first I got to meet people who knew people in the modelling industry, connection was a major key for me Made a lot of things work better, From there i started doing various shoots with the photographers I knew,other photographers showed interest and from there the journey started
Lifestyleof9ja: Wow! Are there any challenges you encounter?
Teminikan: Oh yeah plenty and plenty challenges
Lifestyleof9ja: Can you tell us about them
Teminikan: The main challenges I encountered were the disappointments that sometimes happens after a shoot has being planned or fixed for a particular date and things are cancelled just to make it happen and then it won't hold just because prop isn't available or the Makeup artist wouldn't show up or camera equipment faults. So about people's critism, We are humans,critism is inevitable but I can't say sometimes i am not affected by what people say Tho I love what I do and can't stop till I have made an household out of it I also love my reputation, We are just like actresses,it's never good to judge a book by its cover, I try to do the right things always
Lifestyleof9ja: What motivates you to continue despite this challenges
Teminikan: I am a true believer, I believe in Christ Jesus, And I know he wants nothing but the best for me in life, And nobody believes in me as much as I believe in myself.
Lifestyleof9ja: Which area or aspect do you think the modelling industry needs to improve on
Teminikan: Majorly the shows, I think higher payments should be given to models for fashion shows Also there should be some form of fair way to select models for these shows Lifestyleof9ja: What are your achievements so far in the industry?
Teminikan: Am teminikanijesu idowu Last of five children born of the same mother and father I was born and bred in ibadan, Oyo state. I attended primary and secondary schools in Ibadan And presently am an undergraduate student of the University of Ibadan studying Crop protection and Environmental biology
Lifestyleof9ja: Then why modelling
Teminikan: It has been a tender dream while growing up I became more determined about this passion in secondary school when I would see pictures of celebrities and models in magazines looking too good and I want to be just like them
Lifestyleof9ja: What are the measures taken to achieve this dream
Teminikan: Oh well At first I got to meet people who knew people in the modelling industry, connection was a major key for me Made a lot of things work better, From there i started doing various shoots with the photographers I knew,other photographers showed interest and from there the journey started
Lifestyleof9ja: Wow! Are there any challenges you encounter?
Teminikan: Oh yeah plenty and plenty challenges
Lifestyleof9ja: Can you tell us about them
Teminikan: The main challenges I encountered were the disappointments that sometimes happens after a shoot has being planned or fixed for a particular date and things are cancelled just to make it happen and then it won't hold just because prop isn't available or the Makeup artist wouldn't show up or camera equipment faults. So about people's critism, We are humans,critism is inevitable but I can't say sometimes i am not affected by what people say Tho I love what I do and can't stop till I have made an household out of it I also love my reputation, We are just like actresses,it's never good to judge a book by its cover, I try to do the right things always
Lifestyleof9ja: What motivates you to continue despite this challenges
Teminikan: I am a true believer, I believe in Christ Jesus, And I know he wants nothing but the best for me in life, And nobody believes in me as much as I believe in myself.
Lifestyleof9ja: Which area or aspect do you think the modelling industry needs to improve on
Teminikan: Majorly the shows, I think higher payments should be given to models for fashion shows Also there should be some form of fair way to select models for these shows Lifestyleof9ja: What are your achievements so far in the industry?
Teminikan: I have worked with a number of top photographers in the industry, the likes of emmanuel oyeleke,spotlightpi,ternaiwar,timmydavies,and I have met loads of others Also I have worked with top designers in Nigeria,the likes of Frank and Co lagos,ejiroamostafiri,orange cultureng,dapmod, tosin akinyemiju, tobi olajolo etc, Worked with a lot of great Makeup Artists as well. I Was also featured on Bellanaijaweddings on a successful photoshoot months ago To crown it all,Am signed to one of the best modelling agencies in Nigeria @fewmodels.
Lifestyleof9ja: Wow exceptional, What advice will you give upcoming models
Teminikan: My advice to upcoming models is that they should put the best in everything they do,from the most serious photo shoots to the most "minute "selfies on Instagram and they should ask for God's favour always.
Lifestyleof9ja: teminikan thanks so much for your time
Lifestyleof9ja: Wow exceptional, What advice will you give upcoming models
Teminikan: My advice to upcoming models is that they should put the best in everything they do,from the most serious photo shoots to the most "minute "selfies on Instagram and they should ask for God's favour always.
Lifestyleof9ja: teminikan thanks so much for your time


No comments:
Post a Comment
we really appreciate your comments